On-line application process for students (admission and Erasmus Mundus scholarships): to start please click here
Visiting Scholars application (invited professors): no position available for 2015-2017
Student Application for admission in the ASC programme is entitled for students holding a:
Eurobachelor in Chemistry
or equivalent education in the field of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry and Physics. Students from all over the world are welcome to join the programme.
The selection procedure takes place within a framework common to the five partners of the consortium. The partners select candidates on the basis of study results, a CV, a statement of purpose and two letters of recommendation. They may not discriminate between their own students, students of other universities of EU or non-EU countries.
Application, evaluation procedure
All applications are assessed by a centralized consortium commission. A weighting scheme is applied to the following selection criteria, assessed from 1 (minimum) to 5 (maximum), thus producing a weighted arithmetic mean:
- academic records of previous studies (coefficient 6,threshold 4)
- scientific background of undergraduate studies (coefficient 5, threshold 3)
- ranking of Academic Institution where undergraduate studies were done (coefficient 2)
- motivation letter (coefficient 2)
- mastering of English language (coefficient 2)
- recommendation letters (coefficient 1)
- acquired practical experience (coefficient 1)
- Awards and grants (coefficient 1)
Deadlines for academic year 2016-17
1) FIRST APPLICATION SESSION (for admission and scholarships):
Open to all students, European and Non-European, seeking a scholarship.
Opening : November 1st, 2015
Deadline for Electronic submission : March 13th, 2016 until midnight.
Admission decision (pending completion of Bachelor Degree): mid April 2016
Start of the Master programme: End of August 2016
2) SECOND APPLICATION SESSION (for admission - NO scholarship available):
Open only to European students and to Non-European students living in Europe; second chance for students who missed the first call. But the admission decision will be known too late to allow Non-Eu students to apply for a visa.
Opening: 14th of March 2016
Deadline for electronic submission: May 31st, 2016
Admission decision (pending completion of Bachelor Degree): mid-June 2016
Start of the Master programme: end of August 2016
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
Only complete online applications submitted within the deadlines will be eligible and evaluated.
Selection results will be notified by e-mail.
Candidates selected for entering the ASC Master’s Course will have to send all requested hardcopies by post so that they reach our office within 10 days after notification of the results by e-mail.
Official admission letters will be sent provided these documents have been received in due time.
1) Very important: make sure you submit your on-line application before the above mentioned deadlines.
AND IF you are selected:
2) Send your hardcopies so that they arrive within 10 days of the emailed notification of selection to:
ASC Master Course
F-59655 VILLENEUVE D’ASCQ CEDEX
Online application procedure
Step 1: fill in the administrative form with your personal data.
Step 2: You will receive an email of confirmation with a login and a password which will grant you access to the complete application form (your form can be corrected as often as you wish untill you submit it).
When your application form is complete, and before the deadline click on "submit".
you will receive an e-mail warning you that you can access step 3 and download your pdf file.
Step 3: You can now upload all required documents:
- Copy of the passport or ID card (1 page concerning personal details)
- Certified copies of university transcripts including certified translations into English
- Certified copies of university degrees including certified translation into English, including School leaving certificate = diploma or exam granting access to higher education (specifically if you do not hold a BSc yet)
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS scores or equivalent
- 2 original recommendation letters
- either a recent residence certificate issued in accordance with your municipality normal registration rules; OR a recent certificate from your place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
You can now proceed with your paper application: please print and sign your application file, and be ready to send it along with all requested documents to the above mentionned address, as soon as you receive the emailed notification of selection.
IMPORTANT: please see FAQ for all questions reagarding documents for application.
To start your on-line application: click here
In specific cases where you cannot complete the on-line application form, please send an e-mail explaining your situation to: master-ASC@univ-lille1.fr and the relevant electronic form will be sent to you.
1) The admission decision is sent by email first.
2) Confirmation: you have to answer this e-mail within 7 days to confirm your decision to attend the ASC master’s course. Check your email regularly.
2) Hardcopies of your complete application file are sent by first class post to make sure they arrive within 10 days of selection notifications sent by e-mail.
3) Admission letters are sent by first class post as soon your file is received and verified by the ASC administive office.
4) Visa application: to be started as soon as you receive your admission letter. Don’t forget that at least 2 months are usually necessary to obtain a visa for Europe.