Student Application for admission in the ASC programme is entitled for students holding a Eurobachelor in Chemistry or equivalent education in the field of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry and Physics. Students from all over the world are welcome to join the program. So far, students of 40 different nationalities have joined the course.
The selection procedure takes place within a framework common to the five partners of the consortium. The partners select candidates on the basis of study results, a CV, a statement of purpose and two letters of recommendation. They may not discriminate between their own students, students of other universities of EU or non-EU countries.
Applications’ assessment process
All applications are assessed by a centralized consortium commission. A weighting scheme is applied to the following selection criteria, assessed from 1 (minimum) to 5 (maximum), thus producing a weighted arithmetic mean:
- Academic records of previous studies (coefficient 6,threshold 4)
- Scientific background of undergraduate studies (coefficient 5, threshold 3)
- Ranking of Academic Institution where undergraduate studies were done (coefficient 2)
- Motivation letter (coefficient 2)
- Mastering of English language (coefficient 2)
- Recommendation letters (coefficient 1)
- Acquired practical experience (coefficient 1)
- Awards and grants (coefficient 1)
Deadlines for application
FIRST APPLICATION SESSION (for admission and scholarships):
- Open to all students, European and non-European, seeking a scholarship.
- Opening: October 15th, 2017
- Deadline for Electronic submission: February 28th, 2018 until midnight, Brussels time.
- Admission decision (pending completion of Bachelor Degree): mid-April, 2018
- Start of the Master program: Beginning of September 2018
SECOND APPLICATION SESSION (for admission – NO scholarship available):
- Open only to European students and to non-European students living in Europe; second chance for EU residents who missed the first call.
- Opening: March 1st, 2017
- Deadline for electronic submission: May 31st, 2017
- Admission decision (pending completion of Bachelor Degree): mid-June 2017
- Start of the Master program: Beginning of September 2017
Note: Applications of non EU residents will not be taken into account
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
Only complete online applications submitted within the deadlines are eligible and evaluated.
Pre-selection results will be notified by e-mail.
Candidates selected for entering the ASC Master’s Course will have to send all requested supporting documents (CERTIFIED copies), by post so that they reach our office within 10 days after notification of the results by e-mail. Admission will be granted after verification of hardcopied (see below for details).
1- On-line procedure
Step 1: fill in the administrative form with your personal data.
Step 2: You will receive an email of confirmation with a login and a password which will grant you access to the complete application form (your form can be corrected as often as you wish untill you submit it).
After submission, don’t forget to download and save yours application form as a pdf.
Step 3: You can now upload all required supporting documents:
- Copy of the passport or ID card (1 page concerning personal details)
- Certified copies of university transcripts including certified translations into English
- Certified copies of university degrees including certified translation into English, including School leaving certificate = diploma or exam granting access to higher education (specifically if you do not hold a BSc yet)
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS scores or equivalent
- 2 original recommendation letters
- either a recent residence certificate issued in accordance with your municipality normal registration rules; OR a recent certificate from your place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
When you are done, click on complete submission.
- Make sure you submit your on-line application before the above mentioned deadlines.
- Check the FAQ page for all questions regarding application documents.
In specific cases where you cannot complete the on-line application form, please send an e-mail explaining your situation to: master-ASC@univ-lille1.fr and the relevant electronic form will be sent to you.
2-IF you are selected, send your paper file :
You can now proceed with your paper application: please print and sign your application file, and be ready to send it along with all requested supporting documents to the address below as soon as you receive the emailed notification of selection. Send your hardcopies, including the application file you have downloaded, printed and signed, so that they arrive within 10 days of the emailed notification of selection to:
ASC Master Course
F-59655 VILLENEUVE D’ASCQ CEDEX
- The admission decision is sent by email first.
- Confirmation: you have to answer this e-mail within 7 days to confirm your decision to attend the ASC master’s course. Check your email regularly.
- Hardcopies of your complete application file are sent by first class post to make sure they arrive within 10 days of selection notifications sent by e-mail.
- Admission letters are sent by first class post after your file has been received and verified by the ASC administrative team (a scanned copy will also be sent by email).
- Visa application: to be started as soon as you receive your admission letter. Don’t forget that at least 2 months are usually necessary to obtain a visa for Europe.